1. Where’s Roxy?
I wrote about it a few months after it happened, but I had to make the very tough decision to give my beloved Roxie away. I knew I couldn’t possibly take care of a baby and my puppy (who thought she was my baby), so I found her (what I thought was) a good home. I later learned that the woman I gave my pooch to gave her to someone else. It makes me sick to think that I don’t know where Roxie is. I miss her.
2. If money were no object, what car would you drive?
Oddly, I am totally in love with the Buick Enclave. Weird, I know, but it catches my eye every time I see it. Alternately, I’d love an Infiniti FX.
3. Have you ever passed the dutchie pon the left hand side?
On the left and the right! I spent a few days in Amsterdam once upon a time, and when in Rome… Sadly, I hardly knew what I was doing. And when I did figure out how to smoke a j, I got so high I had one of those crazy laughing fits. I couldn’t stop. It was scary. My ex-husband just stared at me while I simultaneously laughed and cried at the same time. I never smoked again.
4. What’s something you wish you could do but never find the time to do?
I would love to write a book. I have several ideas, but I don’t see where I could possibly begin to start.
5. E-reader, Nook or Kindle?
I love Pootie Tang, my nook, but I can’t lie, as soon as she dies I’m hopping on the kindle wagon. It keeps getting better and cheaper. My mom has a kindle and loves it. I love the latest nook as it is tiny. No plans to make any changes though until Pootie Tang kicks the bucket, which she has already done once.
6. What are you currently reading on your e-reader?
I read “Silver Sparrow” on vacation and LOVED it. I’m reading a freebie now (some murder mystery), but definitely looking for suggestions.
7. How the heck do you find time to blog with all your career and mommy responsibilities?
Fortunately, Regan goes to bed at 630pm, so I blog, eat, make fun of reality hoes, do laundry and anything else you can imagine after that time. As many of you know, I used to blog way more often, but I am doing the best I can.
8. What’s your top item on your Christmas list this year?
I really, really want a new camera. I’ve targeted the Nikon P500, but I’m open to suggestions. It’s gone down in price the last few months, and I am hoping it goes down even more. I’m also hoping I get some gift cards to buy said camera. Oh, and I’d like to take a photography class.
9. How’s your weight loss going?
It’s going nowhere and fast thank you very much. I’ve had zero motivation to actually do anything to lose weight this last month. However, I’ve definitely not been eating as much as normal. I only gained 1 pound on vacation. I’m hoping I can get back into working out soon. But it won’t be today because, you know, I’m very busy.
10. Are you still doing weight watchers?
I don’t think I’ll join WW anytime soon because it’s not free. I’ve found an app that I like. It’s called ‘Lose It.”
11. How was the switch to a Droid?
I’m still with the dreaded blackberry ( or as K. calls it, the AfricanAmericanBerry). I hate it. I’m getting rid of it the very moment Verizon lets me. Now I just need to decide if I am going to kick it old school and get rid of the smartphone, or upgrade to the iphone.
12. Is single motherhood easier, harder or about the same as you expected?
It’s hard, but I knew it would be. I think it would be way easier if I lived in the same city as my family.
13. Any regrets in cutting your hair? Was your hair texture the same as before you relaxed? Think you’d go back to relaxers in the future?
I haven’t for one moment regretted cutting my hair. I don’t miss my straight hair one bit! My hair is way thicker than I thought. I truly can’t wait to see what it looks like a year from now. I doubt I will relax ever again. If I don’t like managing it long, I’ll probably just rock a TWA the rest of my life.
14. Being away from home is hard especially with a youngster. With all of the support you get from your parents would you consider moving closer?
My mom is in Jersey, my dad is in Ohio. My grandparents won’t be around 20 years from now. I would love to be closer to one of my parents, but I don’t think it would be a wise decision considering my I am fully established here. Plus…I hate snow.
15. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I love expressing myself. I gather that people that know me IRl get pretty tired of my stories and randoms. I love that you guys care enough to read every day. I love that I’ve met people and had experiences I never would have had without blogging.
16. If you could have a group of girlfriends that were famous, who would they be?
Ellen, Bethenny Frankel and of course my number one girl crush- J Lo!
17. What are your plans for the holidays?
Thanksgiving will be spent with my grandmother who just got out of the hospital. I’m currently trying to figure out how to celebrate the day without having the focus on food. For Christmas, I’ll be here so Regan can be with her dad and brothers and then I’ll hightail it to the heart of it all.
18. Do you still do the stanky leg?
Yes, and so does my daughter.
19. Have you ever let someone feel your raft?
Only when wearing the appropriate protective gear.
20. Do you see yourself ever giving marriage a second shot?
Oooh, that’s deep. Honestly, no. I mean I totally would like to be in a relationship, but I can’t imagine a man wanting to be with me until I die. Ugh! I also kinda cherish my aloneness and don’t particularly want to immerse someone into my world. I’m hoping for a change of heart and true love because it’s really important to show Regan a happy, healthy relationship. Plus, I’d like to knock boots on the regular.
Keep your fingers crossed!