I’ve had these ugly chairs for quite some time. Actually, they were once quite lovely and pristine, but then I hosted Thanksgiving a few years ago and a careless cousin dropped butter all over a chair. Then other little children helped them to get soiled. Finally, Regan arrived and, well, all bets were off.
I’m not mad. These things happen and I was always told recovering the chairs would be a snap. I’ve had fabric samples in my kitchen drawer for nearly a year and this weekend, by golly, I finally decided to do something about those dreadful chairs. I picked up a staple gun at lowes and headed to hobby lobby for the fabric.
I have to say it wasn’t as easy as I thought. Removing the old cover proved daunting at first. There were easily 30-40 heavy duty staples holding the fabric in on each chair. After the first dozen staples I got wise and whipped out my box cutter and just cut away the old fabric. By the time I got to the third chair I had a pretty good system going.
Here is the result. Not perfect, but far better than before. And I love that if I get bored with this pattern or it gets stained, changing them out is a snap!