I survived my first night without my baby. She slept at her dad’s last night. I was so excited for the day to finally arrive, but when I talked to her on the phone and she said, “eye luh youuu mooommmaaa” I got a little sad. But then:
- I ate nothing but stuffed mushrooms and wine for dinner.
- I baked fresh chocolate chip cookies without my handsy assistant in the kitchen saying “hot!” every two minutes.
- I watched television at high volume and laughed out loud without worrying about waking my sleeping beauty.
- I slept like a hibernating bear with the heat off under my warm comforter.
- I was able to take a long, hot shower without worrying that my sidekick was going to demand to join me.
- I haven’t seen a single mouse, duck, train or octonaut in more than 24 hours.
Yep, I survived my first night away from my baby. But I sure can’t wait to see her little face this afternoon!